Are you training for the Great North Run?
Are you a keen cyclist or swimmer?
Perhaps you’re a triathlete and train in all 3 disciplines – do you invest in a regular sports massage?
A sports massage is like giving your body an MOT, spotting any issues which may need attention and treating them before they develop into a problem. When soft tissues get tense and tight from training, movement can become restricted causing potential for injury. Sports massage can help to ease the tension and help restore full range of movement.
The benefits of sports massage include:
- Aids recovery from muscle injury
- Increases flexibility/mobility
- Increases elimination of waste products of exercise (lactic acid)
- Increases sense of well-being
- Increases mental alertness and clarity
- Reduces pain
- Decreases muscle tension and spasm
- Reduces the duration and intensity of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) the muscular discomfort experienced a day or two after a training session or race
- Decreases chance of injury
- Promotes relaxation
- Boosts performance – increased oxygen to muscle tissue is likely to help with better quality and sustainability of activity
- Sports massage is excellent for maintenance and injury prevention to help you recover more quickly from training and prepare for upcoming events
Book your appointment now by emailing email@example.com or by telephone 01642 680 680.